HTC Incredible has been renamed to HTC Droid Incredible
Verizon have announced that the launch date will be April 29 and they also unveiled an official picture which actually looks identical to the leaked shots we got which is good to know the leaks were indeed legit. The DROID Incredible runs the Android OS but other than what we have seen on the leaked specs, we have yet to received the official details. The leaked specs indicate that the phone has a 3.7 inch OLED capacitive touchscreen that has a WVGA resolution. It runs a 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and has 8GB of internal memory. The phone it’s self looks quite sleek. It’s slim, has a large touchscreen on the front along with a few details around the edges that improve the look of the device.
Key Differences Between HTC Droid Incredible and Motorola Droid
- User interface: The HTC DROID Incredible has HTC’s custom user interface called Sense built on top of Android, while the DROID has the standard Android interface known as the Google Experience. HTC’s Sense interface offers a number of advanced customization options for the Incredible, including more home screens than the DROID, custom widgets, and the ability to change the layout and icons on the home screens depending on what the user is doing. Of course, it’s a personal preference, and many users prefer one interface over the other.
- Camera: At 5-megapixels, the DROID’s camera is powerful and also shoots great video. The HTC DROID Incredible, however, is equipped with an 8-megapixel camera — overtaking the DROID by 3 megapixels. Though 5 megapixels should be plenty for most, avid mobile phone photographers may prefer the DROID Incredible. Both devices have a bright dual-LED flash.
- Keyboard: The Motorola DROID has a physical QWERTY keyboard that slides from the side of the device in addition to the standard Android virtual on-screen QWERTY keyboard. The Incredible lacks a physical QWERTY keyboard, but of course also has an effective virtual QWERTY keyboard. If you are simply not a big fan of on-screen keyboards, the DROID may be a better option.
- Power: The Motorola DROID is a powerful device in its own right, but succeeding the DROID by a number of months, the DROID Incredible is at the top of its class, armed with the latest processor and more RAM. The Incredible has a 1GHz Snapdragon processor and 512MB of RAM, while the DROID has a 550MHz processor and 256MB of RAM. While the difference may not be significantly noticeable in most day-to-day operations (e.g. checking email), the Incredible will outperform the DROID, particularly when many applications are running simultaneously.
- Size & Weight: Because of its lack of a physical QWERTY keyboard, the HTC DROID Incredible is somewhat smaller and lighter than the DROID.